Saturday, August 17, 2019

Better late than never?


 

Okay, so here's the story:  in May of 2007, I was working on a blog posting about absurd fictional representations of spacesuits, and I was trying to find a particular image that I remembered from the cover of a science fiction pulp magazine that my mother had owned when I was young, an image that was in many ways the epitome of ridiculous space outfits for women.  As you might imagine, that's not a lot of information, but even so, you'd think that searching for "science fiction magazine green spacesuit" might result in some reference to the artwork in question.  I also used the far more sensible approach of asking my sister Dorothy if she remembered the publication in question.

Sadly, no luck - neither search engine nor sibling produced an answer.


OVER TWELVE YEARS LATER...the original artwork by Kelly Freas pops up on the Heritage Auctions site, with the note that it appeared on the cover of the August 1957 edition of Super Science Fiction.

Well, now we know - but man, talk about the long game...

- Sid

No comments:

Post a Comment