Saturday, October 31, 2015

"The Dark Side is strong in me...for I am Sith...."



It's noon on October 31st, and I notice a young Chinese man standing near my seat on the bus.  Jeans, running shoes, black jacket, a baseball cap without any kind of insignia or logo, umbrella in his right hand, and a Darth Vader model lightsaber* hanging on his left hip.  Given his complete lack of other costume elements, I find myself wondering if he carries it all the time.

- Sid

* It has the distinctive black beveled emitter shroud that characterizes Anakin Skywalker's third lightsaber. The red power crystal is also a dead giveaway.

2 comments:

  1. Jedi walk among us, - one of Canada's official religions it is. Also, non-costumed lightsaber people were made popular in the geek community by Ryan and Dorkman...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RATMJ8JH1qo

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, wish I had jumped on the Hallowe'en bandwagon back in the day when I used to celebrate and get costumed up. It would have been fun to play out my fantasy to dress as a Jedi. Probably a BLUE light sabre though, since that's my favourite colour. Besides, didn't only the Sith use the red ones? So what if my company prepares them for battle: Sith Training Systems - I'm still one of the good guys :-)

    - Felix

    ReplyDelete