Sunday, October 4, 2015

Counting down.


Ground Control to Major Tom
Commencing countdown,engines on
David Bowie, Space Oddity
It's 8:30 on Sunday morning as I start to type this - we leave for Japan at 4:20 PM on Tuesday.

When I originally posted my travel plans at the start of this year, I had every expectation of making the trip to Japan on my own. The biggest (and best) change since then has been the addition of the gorgeous, smart and funny Karli to my life.

Initially Karli was reluctant to join me on the trip - I couldn't quite afford to pay full fare for two people on my own, and she wasn't sure about spending the money.  However, I had the good fortune to find a great deal on flights from All Nippon Airways, and that was enough to tip the balance. (To my intense satisfaction and happiness.) 

The framework of the trip hasn't changed very much - we'll start by visiting Kyoto, then spend time in Tokyo and Yokohama before making our way to Takasaki to stay with my friend Terry and his family for a few days.  A pilgrimage to the geek Mecca of the Mobile Suit Gundam statue and exhibition is still very much on the list, but now I don't have to take my own picture there, there will be someone with me to take care of that.

Thank you for agreeing to come along on my adventure, Karli!  It's going to be infinitely better with you there to hold my hand and enjoy it with me, my love.
- Sid




No comments:

Post a Comment