Monday, March 24, 2014

Things To Do With A Time Machine (Other Than Kill Hitler).



"Oh, about sixty C's up the Road I'm an archaeologist.  Every now and then I come back to bury a few things. Then I go forward and dig them up again. I've already written the paper on this batch. Actually, it's a pretty interesting piece on cultural diffusion. I've got some really nice artifacts from Mohenjo-Daro this time around."
Roger Zelazny, Roadmarks

"If I miss a program I just pop back in time and watch it.  I'm hopeless fiddling with all those buttons."
"You have a time machine and you use it for watching television?"
"Well, I wouldn't use it at all if I could get the hang of the video recorder."
Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

"Ten minutes to you, L.M.," Barney said, "but it's been hours for us. The machine is okay, so we're over the first and biggest hurdle. We know now that Professor Hewett's vremeatron works even better than we had hoped.  The way is open to take a company back in time and film an accurate, full-length, wide-screen, realistic, low-budget, high-quality historical."
Harry Harrison, The Technicolor Time Machine

"But you must understand, it's mostly criminals who seek their refuge in time machines."
"I can't blame them...  What's the price of such a thing?"
"How far do you want to go?"
"Well...uh...my intention is to write the history of the Jewish people."
Paul van Herck, Where Were You Last Pluterday?

 - Sid

No comments:

Post a Comment