Sunday, February 23, 2014

Deep in enemy territory.


I... hate this place, this zoo, this prison, this reality, whatever you want to call it. I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing.
Agent Smith, The Matrix
Here I am, back home after another Sunday afternoon visit to Fitness World. I've been going the gym two or three times a week* for the last eight years, and I have to confess that my lack of enjoyment is complete. I'm not going to stop - I realize that the alternative is to become one of those guys in their fifties who walk around preceded by an attractively rounded gut - but you know, it's just not a pleasant experience for me.  I think there's just something in geek DNA that says that any place that smells like sweat is the wrong place to be.
- Sid

*It should be three, but work - or just life - seems to get in the way a couple of times a month.


1 comment:

  1. It's unfortunate that you don't find it at least a benign experience. But good for you for sticking with it! Sometimes in life we have to choose between the lesser of two evils....

    ReplyDelete