Sunday, February 23, 2014

Or maybe it's because I used to watch the Leafs.



Really, this is another one of those "you know you're a geek when" postings.  It's the last day of the Sochi Winter Olympics, and I'm watching the Men's Hockey finals*.  Canada is up two points over Sweden, ten minutes to go, and I find myself thinking, "Great, kid - don't get cocky!"
- Sid

 * Anyone who knows me well read that and said, "You're doing what?" Okay, I slept poorly, woke up early, and hey, everyone else in the country is watching it...

UPDATED:  Final 3-0, Team Canada.



2 comments:

  1. OH, so THAT's what all the screaming and yee-haa'ing on the streets at 5am was about.....unusual on a Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there was a substantial amount of noise when goals were scored. It could have been worse - unlike almost every other city in Canada, at least Vancouver didn't permit alcohol to be served in bars during the game (at 5:00 AM).

    - Sid

    ReplyDelete