Sunday, September 1, 2013

I know which one I'd buy.



I was browsing on Amazon.ca the other day, and had one of those "Wait, what?" moments thanks to a sidebar ad.

What the ad actually said was, "MasterChef" - what I THOUGHT it said was "Masterchief". This may not be a big deal to the non-gamers (or cooking show fans) in the reading audience, but it's a substantial difference if you've spent any time with the various iterations of Bungie's Halo™ franchise, and its protagonist, Spartan-II soldier Master Chief Petty Officer John-117, a.k.a. the Master Chief.

Then I thought, "Hey, why not?"A few minutes in Photoshop, and violá.

And you know, I bet they'd actually sell more of these than a book that just told you how to heat up food.  Where's the fun in that?

- Sid

No comments:

Post a Comment