Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Wait a minute - did that say "fully functional"?!?

As the Storm Crow Alehouse counts down its final days, items both large and small from the bar's distinctive decor are being both auctioned off as a final fundraiser for the staff, and sold at a flat rate.  A few of the smaller items have been a bit tempting (I wish I'd seen the "BEWARE OF - WELL...JUST BEWARE" sign before someone nabbed it, although I'm willing to bet I could find one online somewhere) but for real temptation, what Doctor Who fan doesn't want their own TARDIS?*

Can you imagine?  Fortunately, $5,000 is well** over the arbitrary line that I've drawn for unnecessary fanboy indulgences, and even if some well-meaning benefactor bought it on my behalf, to be honest I'm not sure where I'd put the damn thing, other than in storage for right now.  And besides, I think that if you're serious about it, you really should build your own.

- Sid 

* Based on observation, apparently school bus shelters for children are a popular choice.

** Well well well WELL over.

No comments:

Post a Comment