Saturday, February 22, 2020

As well they should be.



I stumbled across this scan while looking for something completely unrelated - it's from a Ryerson student assignment that required us to document a small business in eight photos. I had selected Bakka Books - the only small business in Toronto that I was really familiar with - and this was one of the prints from my final submission. I recall there also being a shot of staff member Jack Brooks shelving books, and a picture of a blonde woman with glasses behind the front desk - sadly, her name is lost to me after all this time.

I wonder if I still have those shots somewhere?  It's very likely that I've since disposed of those amateurish 35-year old black and white negatives, which, in retrospect, is a bit of a shame, it would be fun to scan those shots and post them.  Well, who knows, they might still be in a box in storage, after all, I do have a bit of a reputation for hanging onto things.

- Sid

No comments:

Post a Comment