Thursday, January 16, 2020

Four Day Geekend: Itinerary


 

As I type this, I'm in a departure lounge at YVR, waiting to board a flight for a solo four-day weekend trip to Toronto. In addition to getting together with my friend Colin (aka Cloin – you know, the pretty Campbell Brother) I've also put together a bit of a geek itinerary for my four day trip: a visit to the Yonge Street location of Silver Snail Comics, which apparently now also has a coffee shop; some shopping at Toronto science fiction and fantasy mainstay Bakka-Phoenix Books, currently located on Harbord Street near the University of Toronto; and a comparative dinner (or perhaps lunch) at the Toronto branch of Vancouver's geek and gaming franchise, the Storm Crow Manor on Church north of Wellesley. If time (and weather*) permits, I’ll also be doing a bit of a used bookstore crawl along College and Bloor Streets - after all, I have books to replace.

"Now boarding Zone 1 for Air Canada flight AC120...Zone 1, passengers for Zone 1...."

- Sid

* They're calling for a substantial winter storm on Saturday, which feels a bit unfair given that I just experienced a substantial winter storm in Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment