Saturday, April 20, 2019

Reading Week: "All of time and space..."


 
SARAH: It wasn't Croydon. Where you dropped me off, that wasn't Croydon.
DOCTOR: Where was it?
SARAH: Aberdeen.
DOCTOR: Right. That's next to Croydon, isn't it?*
Doctor Who, School Reunion

CLARA: This isn't my home, by the way.
DOCTOR: Sorry. I'm sorry about that. I missed.
CLARA: Where are we?
DOCTOR: Glasgow, I think.
Doctor Who, Deep Breath
As someone who is generally a bit cautious about public displays of fandom, I have a certain admiration for the Palm Springs Uber driver in front of us, although I'm not sure that the Doctor is the best example to follow in that line of work.  True, he does frequently give people rides, but I think that most Uber clients have a sort of general expectation that they'll be dropped off at the right destination, not to mention the right century.

- Sid

* For those of you unfamiliar with Croydon - or Aberdeen - they're about 600 miles apart. By intergalactic standards, this is actually unbelievably accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment