Monday, June 12, 2017

"Oh, somewhere in this favoured land the sun is shining bright."



I never really thought that I'd be the lucky person who won the Omaze Doctor Who Breakfast draw, not really.  My luck in the area of draws and prizes has always been non-existent, and it's hard to imagine that it would suddenly change now.

Regardless, I found myself surprisingly disappointed when I read that Tony. B. from Toronto had been selected as the winner of the grand prize:  breakfast in London with seven Doctors.  However, I have absolutely no ill will toward Tony.  Not only is he Canadian, but he looks like an old school fan like myself, someone who will fully appreciate his opportunity to meet with the full range of Doctors.  As such, from one fan to another, I'd like to say congratulations, Tony, and I hope you have a great time - make us look good.

All that being said, if you're reading this and you don't have anyone to take with you for the breakfast, I would be happy to pay my own way to London.  Just sayin'.
- Sid

No comments:

Post a Comment