Friday, January 29, 2016

Toys 'R' Us 1: Shouldn't they be in gigantic blister packs?


"Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?"
Princess Leia Organa, Star Wars IV: A New Hope 
In the wake of postings about my co-worker's 12-pack of original Star Wars toys, I was a bit disappointed not to find a rack of current Star Wars action figures at Toys 'R' Us.  But look at the alternative!  Did anyone else know that these were a thing?

These First Order Stormtroopers stand four feet tall, cost $149.99, have more articulation than the original 3 3/4 inch Empire Stormtrooper figures, and produce sound effects and lines from The Force Awakens if you press a button on their chest. I would loved to have owned one of these when I was ten - and I was a little tempted by them right now.*

On the other hand, it's hard to imagine storing twelve of these in a box in the attic and forgetting that you own them for 40 years.
- Sid

*  Apparently the word is out that $150 is my top limit for ridiculous SF geek toy purchasing.






No comments:

Post a Comment