Monday, June 23, 2014

Chicago 2: "Quick, everyone, back to the Knickerbocker!


Watch her, trail her, pipe her as she goes,
With her high-heeled boots and her patent leather toes.
That she was one of those flash girls I soon found out in time
When her high-heeled boots went clattering down the Knickerbocker Line.

The Flash Girls, The Return of Pansy Smith and Violet Jones
As per my previous posting, I'm writing this in Chicago, where I attended a four day publications conference.  I've booked a couple of days of vacation time in order to do some sightseeing, but because my pockets aren't quite as deep as those of my employers, I've switched hotels.  I'm now staying at the wonderfully named Millennium Knickerbocker, which sounds to me like the perfect name for Han Solo's ship in the steampunk version of Star Wars.

 - Sid
 

No comments:

Post a Comment