Monday, February 18, 2013

And counting.



Heart of the Swarm, the first expansion module for Starcraft II, is being released on March 12th. Blizzard Entertainment is famous for their superb cinematics, and the first look at the opening for the new module clearly demonstrates why.

However, I have to make the guilty admission that, over time, I've drifted away from my dedication to Starcraft, and as a result I felt a need to brush up my skills a bit before March 12th.  So I metaphorically blew the dust off my Starcraft II shortcut, and once again fired up the game after a long absence.


Not too surprisingly - or perhaps surprisingly to those of you who aren't gamers - that long absence encompassed a substantial number of upgrades and patches, so it took a bit of time for the game to bring itself up to date.  Once the system was ready to let me log in, I was amused to see that the current version of the game was as follows:


I admire Blizzard's attention to detail, but honestly, couldn't this have been held down to three decimal points?  Although I do have to admit that I'm a bit curious over what changed from Version 1.5.4.24539.
- Sid



No comments:

Post a Comment