Wednesday, July 25, 2007

And it's not like I didn't tell them.

We're millions of miles from Earth inside a giant white face. What's impossible?
Gary Sinise, Mission to Mars
Showing science fiction movies on the Space channel, that's what. Yes, they did it again - another Sunday night of non-genre films! This time it was FX and FX II, which at best are action films and at worst are the inverse of fantasy in that they're about the false physical creation of an illusion. And the other, non-science fiction channels? Mission to Mars, An American Werewolf in London and Armageddon. Now I grant you that neither Mission to Mars nor Armageddon are GREAT science fiction films, although I seem to recall that American Werewolf was well received when it premiered, but, as with the joke about the dancing bear, it's not a question of quality. Sigh...they're just not getting it.
- Sid

1 comment:

  1. I don't know whether it's a budgetary thing, that they can't afford everything they'd like to be able to air, but I'm with you on this one. And the space channel is not the only one that's guilty of cross contamination.

    I had heard that the webcast series 'Sanctuary' was gong to be picked-up by the Space channel, but there again (and I know they have groovy monsters and everything) is it sci-fi or something else?

    ReplyDelete