Yes, I'm looking at you, The Raven Scholar and The Incandescent.
Regardless, I managed to finish off the remaining Best Novel nominee last night, and I've submitted my votes for the Hugo Awards. I have to admit that I used the NO VOTE option for a couple of categories: I hadn't read all of the Best Series books, or the Lodestar Award YA novel nominees, and I didn't wade through the Editorial options, either Long or Short Form.
That being said, it was a challenging ballot - there's a lot of really solid work out there, and it was a struggle to rank the nominees from 1 to 6, especially in the Best Novel Category, duplicate amputations aside. And now we wait: I'm still hoping that my Voting membership will get me access to the LACon Hugo Awards livestream on the 30th - fingers crossed!
- Sid




No comments:
Post a Comment