Monday, March 25, 2024

Wrong place, right time.

This morning I was pleased to be notified that I had won an auction for a 2004 24x65 inch poster of DC Comic's Justice League by artist Alex Ross, in Very Fine+ condition.

Ross' painterly approach and use of live reference models gives his comic book work a unique style (recommended reading would be his four-issue Kingdom Come DC miniseries from 1996), and as such I was surprised to win the auction for only $12 USD.*   I suspect that it was just a case of misplaced filing-  if it had been listed in a comic book auction instead of as part of Heritage Auctions' weekly Sunday movie posters session, it might have gotten more attention.

Regardless, their loss, my gain - now, if only I had enough wall space to hang my new treasure...

- Sid

* As with previous postings about auction purchases, the price is a bit of a lie, there's a $29 USD auction fee on top of the actual bid.  Still, an unexpectedly low winning bid.

No comments:

Post a Comment