Friday, November 25, 2022

The Lost Posts: a guide to post-hiatus posting.

In November of 2022 I decided to stop blogging after sixteen years.

However, in some ways I never stopped.  Sixteen years is a long time to do something, and as such I'd gotten into the habit of treating my life as a source of blog content, to the point where sometimes I'd make plans solely because of their potential as fodder for postings. (I realize that this would be commonplace if I was a seasoned influencer, but at the time it was a new concept to me.)  As a result, out of habit I kept making notes, saving links, doing screen captures, and taking pictures just as if I was going to post the results  - ghost posting, if you will.

And then, a recent conversation about ukulele lessons made me think that maybe I should start blogging again, that my ongoing phantom content creation was me sending myself a message. 

So, as of March 24th, 2024, I revived The Infinite Revolution.

However, I still had all of those notes and photos and so on, and it seemed a waste not to use them. (After all, no one wants to have to explain a big gap in their blogging resume.)  So, without further ado, I present The Lost Posts, a fragmentary catalogue of my life as a geek between November of 2022 and March 2024 - this post and my "I'm back" posting act as bookends for The Lost Posts - it seemed appropriate to come back with a book metaphor.  I'll apologize in advance for any anachronisms, twonkies or similar Coke-bottle-in-the-midden artifacts caused by travelling into the past. 

Just to be clear, I'm not going to add the missing posts all at once, but posting them as opportunity and impulse allow.  And who knows, at some point I may just remove all three of the posts about the hiatus and my return, and retcon the whole thing.

- Sid

No comments:

Post a Comment