Wednesday, February 23, 2022

UK 2022: Stage Fright.

 
 
It's been a long time coming, but it's finally the day - we're in London, and we have tickets for the sold out 12:45 show of the immersive Doctor Who: Time Fracture event today.  However, I'm surprised to realize that I'm inexplicably nervous about it.

I'm not sure why.  The show is well reviewed (although I haven't done too much research so as to avoid spoilers), I was reassured via e-mail that the venue would accept whatever COVID-19 documentation we used to get into the UK*, I brought my Angels have the Phone Box t-shirt, we've got the London Underground pretty well figured out,  it's close enough that if something went very wrong with the Tube at the last minute we could actually walk there (although it would be a bit of a hike), I've already picked out the t-shirts I want to buy, it would all seem to be under control, but I'm still a bit on edge.

It may just be the weight of expectation.  We've come a long way, spent a lot of money, and exposed ourselves to some COVID-19 risk for this**, and it would be devastating if something went wrong. 

Well, as I like to say, we're here now - it's time to be the hero.

- Sid

* "If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for us."

** I have nothing but praise and gratitude for Karli in all of this.  Imagine flying a quarter of the way around the planet wearing a mask so that your husband can go to a two and a quarter hour fan event - I'm not sure I deserve that degree of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment