Saturday, September 25, 2021

60: Tsunami! The Musical.

Ucluelet is a pleasant little town located on the west coast of Vancouver Island, the sort of small Canadian community that has one main street and a microbrewery, but no Tim Horton's.

Unfortunately, I have to admit to a mild ongoing paranoia that any small isolated town near the ocean  with only one road in or out is likely going to be a den of Lovecraftian Old Ones who will come for me in the dark of night, but that's a personal thing and I don't let it interfere with my appreciation of the local seafood, as it were.

In this case, the tsunami/earthquake response protocols prominently posted at our Airbnb made me worry that I had suddenly become an expendable cast member from 2012 instead of the ill-fated narrator of The Shadow Over Innsmouth - I'm not convinced that this is an improvement.

- Sid

(Did you know that a tsunami can travel at up to 600 miles per hour on the open ocean?  Me either.)

No comments:

Post a Comment