Thursday, August 5, 2021

Sidney 2040.

The small community of Sidney on Vancouver Island has offered an opportunity for countless sight gags over the years since I've moved to British Columbia, and our current visit is no exception.  However, as a science fiction fan, I found the latest photo op to be particularly interesting - how often do you get to ask for input on the future you?  

Admittedly, in 2040 I'll be one year away from 80, so sensible input would probably involve watching my step on icy sidewalks and keeping an eye on my cholesterol levels, but who knows what 2040 will bring? It could just as easily be advice on picking the best bionics for seniors, or who offers the most complete brain transfer into clone bodies, a lot can happen in 20 years.

- Sid



No comments:

Post a Comment