Tuesday, June 15, 2021

The Child.


This child is extremely gifted and has been blessed with rare properties that have the potential to bring order back to the galaxy.

Moff Gideon, The Mandalorian

Today I made one of my twice-weekly commutes to our company offices.  Some of my co-workers haven't been in since the first stay-home order last year, but the physical aspects of my job have made it necessary to actually go in and load paper into my printer, roll up posters, laminate signage, and so forth.

This morning's trip was much like any of the others, until the bus pulled up at the corner of Granville and West Georgia, and a small child boarded the bus with his mother. Beaming up at the driver, he chirped, "Do you want to see my Baby Yoda? Mom, can I show him my Baby Yoda?"  His mother shrugged and laughed, and said, "Okay, but hurry!"  

He dug into his little Star Wars backpack and pulled out a small stuffed Baby Yoda from The Mandalorian for the driver's approval. "Isn't it great!?" he asked, and the driver agreed.  Mother and child made their way to seats, and the bus continued on its route.

Normally I'm a bit obsessive about delays on my commute (too many years of constant professional deadline pressure have ruined me) but in this case, I did not begrudge a single second of the time lost to Baby Yoda and his joyful owner. Never lose that joy, my little fellow fan - and don't let them take it away from you, either. 

- Sid

No comments:

Post a Comment