Wednesday, August 8, 2018

"We've got a schedule to keep."


Earl Bassett: We gotta run. We've got a schedule to keep.
Valentine McKee: Yeah. See, we plan ahead, that way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me.
- Tremors
As we edge up on our wedding date, it's obvious that  Karli and I have chosen Tremor's Earl and Valentine, two of the great minds of the 20th century, as our spirit animals.*  With nine days to go, all of the large planning tasks are long since taken care of, and we have a rapidly shrinking list of minor things that had to be left until more or less the last minute.

And yes, I am counting down the days in happy anticipation of being married to Karli.  I feel that the people who are describing this as "my last days as a free man" suffer from a fundamental lack of understanding about the nature of our relationship, if not relationships in general.

- Sid

* My apologies for cultural appropriation.

No comments:

Post a Comment