Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Or Christopher Eccleston, for that matter.



No, seriously, can you imagine?  Yes, of course I've made a donation to enter the contest, are you kidding? And, AND, the contest details state that:
The winner plus guest will go for breakfast with at least seven Doctor Whos at the Wolseley restaurant, London. 
"AT LEAST SEVEN" - okay, if there's a chance they're going to get Tom Baker out for this as well, I may need to lie down for a minute.

Wish me luck!
- Sid


P.S.  Sigh...okay, in the interest of promoting a good cause, here's the campaign link:


Anybody who wins because of this had damn well better be prepared to take me with them as their plus one, that's all I ask.

3 comments:

  1. But are all the seven Dr. Who's in attendance good friends with each other?
    OK, inquiring minds want to know, how many entries did you sign up for?
    - Felix

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say for sure that the Doctors all like each other, but you know, a degree of animosity would make for its own kind of interesting breakfast. (I actually have the impression that there is some kind of collegial feeling among the group, it's a very select club in its way.)

    Regarding number of entries, the Omaze system is a bit odd. The range of donations goes from $10 to $1,000. Each dollar buys you ten entries, rather than one. So ten dollars equals 100 entries, twenty-five dollars 250 entries, and so on. On the day that I made my donation, I told Karli that she should admire my self-control - I'd only invested $25 in Doctor Who breakfast opportunities. And trust me, there are people who unhesitatingly donated a thousand bucks - or more.

    - Sid

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and Karli get to attend; it would be the trip of a lifetime! This quote seems appropriate" "May the odds be ever in your favour!"

    ReplyDelete