Thursday, June 2, 2016

"This is the action I've been waiting for!"



My friend Deb is a comic book character.

(You know, it says a lot about my life that this probably doesn't come as a surprise to anyone reading this posting.)

I'll let her husband Rob explain:

I wanted to let you know that I have created a comic book inspired by my wonderful wife, Deb. It's called Deborah Daring, The Private Eye With Attitude! Her comic book alter ego is a paralegal by day and an intrepid private investigator by night. 

I used to draw quite a bit and this all started with me drawing Deb as a super hero. The idea took hold of me and I decided to turn the character into a full blown comic book. While I did the initial concept drawings and all the writing, I ended up having to hire a professional comic book artist to help me complete the book. It was a lot of work and a ton of fun creating this comic and now it's time to share it with the world!

I decided to use the crowd funding website Kickstarter to help me raise the funds for printing and distributing the book, and the campaign is now live! So I encourage you to click on the link below and take a look. If you like what you see, or at least want to support my creative effort, please back my campaign by submitting a pledge. There are various pledge levels you can contribute ($3 and up) and every pledge counts! You can also check out a website I created for Deborah Daring, as well as a Facebook page.


Website: http://www.deborahdaring.com/


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deborahdaring/


Thanks in advance for your support! And if you know any comic book fans, forward the link to them and spread the word! Send any feedback or questions to info@deborahdaring.com 


Cheers,
Rob

If you'd like to support Deb's future as a PDF private eye, you have until the end of the month to contribute:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1802652009/deborah-daring-the-private-eye-with-attitude-1st-i

Now personally, I see my comic book character as more science-fictiony, maybe a bridge officer on a mission of interstellar exploration...after all, there's an awful lot of precedent for having a bald starship captain.

- Sid

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for the free publicity Sid! Much appreciated!
    Cheers
    Rob MacKinnon

    ReplyDelete