Saturday, April 18, 2015

Florida 1: "We choose to go".



I've actually been back from my trip to Florida for a week now, but I'm going to exercise my prerogative as a science fiction fan (and the owner of a time machine) and do a bit of time travel. I'm just catching up on the blog postings from the trip now on May 2nd, but I'm going to post them for the dates in April when the events discussed took place.

Overall, the trip was fabulous - my friend Colin and I had a great time hanging out and photographing cemeteries in Key West, alligators in the Everglades, beaches in Cocoa Beach, and all things NASA at the Kennedy Space Centre. My thanks to Colin for continuing to provide tireless and uncomplaining* transit services for a single passenger even though he was on vacation - as a non-driver, I would never have been able to cover that kind of territory on my own.


I have to admit that the last destination was really the focus of the trip for me, and it completely lived up to all my expectations. But we'll get to that in due time.  For now, let's turn back the clock and sit down on Air Canada Flight 142, going from Vancouver to Toronto...
- Sid
* Okay, in the interests of full disclosure, he was getting a bit little worn out by the time we were got back to Miami for our return flight.  But only a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment