Friday, December 12, 2014

A Brief Experientially-Based Explanation of the Appeal of Video Games.



Friday was a long day in more ways that one.  I worked late on Thursday and came in at six this morning in order to have printed material ready for a project that had been delayed until Monday - no one had bothered to inform me.  I spent four hours in a meeting to get additional material for a training manual from someone who had not bothered to look at the first draft, and as such they spent the entire meeting just reading the existing content.

Finally, as I was getting ready to leave at the end of the day, I received a trio of rude and accusatory phone calls from our dispatch centre demanding an explanation as to why they hadn't received the posters that I had promised them on Thursday, if in fact I had actually done them at all. We tracked the courier slip and discovered that the package had been signed for at 1:30 on Thursday.  This was followed by an apology-free call from the centre in which I was told that the person who signed for the delivery had never bothered to open the box.

I think I'll be Batman for a while.
- Sid

2 comments:

  1. Shhhhhh Stupidity is rampant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew had to check that I used the word correctly

    ReplyDelete