Saturday, August 16, 2014

Awesome Mix Vol. 1.



I can't stop this feeling
Deep inside of me.
Girl, you just don't realize
What you do to me.
When you hold me
In your arms so tight,
You let me know,
Everything's alright, ah-ahah-ahah...

I'm hooked on a feeling,
I'm high on believing,
That you're in love with me.

The soundtrack for The Guardians of the Galaxy is made up entirely of pop hits from the 70s - the selection of music is based on the single cassette tape that the young Peter Quill has in his Walkman when he's abducted by the alien Ravagers, and it's not so much a soundtrack as a combination plot point and running gag.  The only down side is that after seeing the movie, I've had Blue Swede's Hooked on a Feeling stuck in my head for the last few days.  To be fair, it's actually not that unpleasant, and people tend not to sit beside you on the bus if you're muttering "ooogah chaka, ooogah ooogah" under your breath.
 - Sid

No comments:

Post a Comment