Friday, August 19, 2011

Paradise Skies.


Happiness is beginning to rise
From the streets into paradise skies.
Max Webster, Paradise Skies:  A Million Vacations
Counting down: I'm on deck to leave for the airport in an hour.  I'm packed and documented, I have pounds and euros, maps and guides, reservations and tickets.  Inevitably I forget something when I pack, but it's never anything serious - "Oh damn, I forgot shirts!" - but as far as I can tell I'm pretty well prepared.  However, I would like to publicly thank my co-worker Joe for including a 2010 Island Boys calendar in the suitcase that I borrowed, and once again, thanks for thinking of me, Joe, but I left it in the spare bedroom to be returned with the luggage.

I'll be doing blog updates as opportunity, inspiration and internet access allow.  For those of you tracking trip progress here, I'll warn you now that I won't be doing a lot of  "The scenery is here, wish you were beautiful" updates - anything here will have at least some sort of thematic connection to science fiction or fantasy.  (I'll admit that I've got a couple of placeholders based on existing plans, and not necessarily relating to Doctor Who, either.)  However, I will be contacting people personally as well, not to worry.

So, bon voyage, and thanks to everyone for their interest and support in planning this trip!
- Sid



1 comment:

  1. So, I take it that Europe was still there? Enjoy

    ReplyDelete