Sunday, May 16, 2010

Housekeeping.



Over the three and a half years that I've been doing this blog, a few things have changed.  Blogger itself has added some features, and, to be honest, I've figured out how to do some things in the editing phase that I didn't realize I could do.  I've also recently added the little atomic swirl that I've been using as a marker at the end of posts.

However, this creates a bit of a dilemma for me.  Traditionally, I feel that when something is finished, it's finished.  As an example, I would like nothing more than for George Lucas to stop messing about with the Star Wars movies - yes George, it's wonderful that you have more money and better special effects capabilities, but I think that in their original form those movies represent a particular vision, a vision that was created using the tools available at that time.  I'm also not impressed by the remastered episodes of the original Star Trek that have started getting into circulation, the ones where the special effects shots of spaceships, planets, and so forth have been recreated to match current state of the art.  (And that stand out like sore thumbs compared to the other footage as a result.)

On the other hand, I am a big fan of consistency in documents, and it niggles at me that everything doesn't match up over time. I've also learned some little tricks that I think just make the postings look a bit nicer (it was surprisingly tricky to convince the HTML editor to put a space between the title and a picture).

So, here's the question: is it acceptable for me to go back and make changes to pictures, post videos, and add my little logo?  Or would I be making the same sort of egotistical mistake that's represented by all those director's cut DVDs?
- Sid

4 comments:

  1. Leave well enough alone. Think of it as a diary of how you feel at a certain time dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What! none of the other 6 people who read this have an opinion?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, no other opinions - however, that does give the first comment a strong 100% lead in the voting.
    - Sid

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that you should leave it alone too. I think anyone with at least four brain cells to fire electrical impulses at each other will read this particular posting and put two and two together (see above)...

    Chris your elbow-raising buddy

    ReplyDelete