Sunday, August 9, 2009

Geeks, nerds, anoraks, otaku, boffins, poindexters, etc.


X-Men comics, you know I collect ‘em
The pens in my pocket, I must protect ‘em

My ergonomic keyboard never leaves me bored
Shopping online for deals on some writable media
I edit Wikipedia
I memorized Holy Grail really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL

Weird Al Yankovic, White and Nerdy
I just received a question via e-mail regarding the content of an earlier posting - specifically, "Who is Mothra?" I responded with a brief bio for the giant 60's Japanese moth-goddess who co-starred with Godzilla as well as appearing in some solo projects, and added a polite request that in future, questions about blog content be asked on the blog. (Just because I like having comments here, it gives the illusion of readership.)

The response to my request was as follows:
I didn't ask about Mothra on your blog because I didn't want to appear totally ignorant and stupid :-)
Sigh...okay, if anyone, ANYONE, reading this thinks that they've understood EVERY SINGLE OBSCURE SCIENCE FICTION FANTASY STAR TREK MONSTER MOVIE DOCTOR WHO COMIC BOOK ZOMBIE TIME TRAVEL PULP MAGAZINE SPACE EXPLORATION VAMPIRE STAR WARS GEEK REFERENCE that I've used on this blog? I strongly recommend that you turn off your computer right now and go out for a walk, get some fresh air, and PUT SOME TIME TOWARD GETTING A LIFE. My god, it's bad enough that I know all of this nonsense, heaven forbid that anyone else should be expected to.

And if you do have any questions? Open up a Comment and ask away.
- Sid

4 comments:

  1. Little harsh wasn't it. Sounds like Mr. Shatner before he realized how much money he could make going to those conventions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was aiming for something a bit over the top, yes. In my defense, unlike Mr. Shatner I'm just trying to save others from a similar fate to my own.

    I'm surprised that you'd have that reaction, though - gosh, out of my tiny list of readers, you probably ARE getting almost all the obscure...oh, right. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is another version of the same song that is about the World of Warcraft subset of nerds...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c577KOCwf9g&feature=related

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW lets characters dance in their underwear? Man, the people at Blizzard must have all the time in the world on their hands if they decided to add THAT as a feature...

    ReplyDelete